Healthy Morning Muffins
Thu Mar 08 21:41:51 GMT 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Muesli
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 300g plain wholemeal flour
130g Dorset Cereals super high fibre muesli (plus an extra 10g for decorating)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
50g golden caster sugar
2 bananas, mashed
150g Rachel's Greek style honey bio live yoghurt
100ml vegetable oil (rapeseed or sunflower)
1 large free range egg, beaten
Start your day with healthy, fibre rich muffins
1. Pre-heat oven to 195°c/gas mark 5.
2. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper cases or lightly oil.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients together with the banana in a large bowl. In another bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin. Sprinkle with additional muesli before baking.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until risen and golden. Tip: insert a skewer if it comes out clean the muffins are cooked.
6. Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Best eaten when still warm.
Try adding some grated apple or orange juice instead of milk to make the mixture more fruity!