© 2013 Archant Community Media Ltd
- Out & about
- Food & drink
- Homes & gardens
- Life TV
- Competitions & offers
December 8 2013 Latest news:
max temp: 11°C
min temp: 5°C
Start your day with healthy, fibre rich muffins
1. Pre-heat oven to 195°c/gas mark 5.
2. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper cases or lightly oil.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients together with the banana in a large bowl. In another bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin. Sprinkle with additional muesli before baking.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until risen and golden. Tip: insert a skewer if it comes out clean the muffins are cooked.
6. Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Best eaten when still warm.
Try adding some grated apple or orange juice instead of milk to make the mixture more fruity!