Who makes the best cake in Somerset?
PUBLISHED: 15:11 17 August 2015 | UPDATED: 15:17 17 August 2015
Somerset Life invites local Somerset bakeries to enter their best cake to be crowned Best Cake in Somerset at an exciting new public event in Bath
Does your local bakery make the best cake in Somerset?
We’re inviting Somerset bakeries to take part in an exciting new public event, hosted by Somerset Life in partnership with Cotswold Life.
Cotswold Life has a rich history with Food and Drink, particularly with the hugely popular Food and Drink Awards that take place each July at Cheltenham Racecourse. This year, to coincide with the Great British Bake Off we will be holding a one-off public event in Bath to judge the ‘best cake in Somerset’. The event will take place on Wednesday 2 September 11am – 4pm at the top of Old Bond Street (outside Gap) in Bath.
From our branded pop-up street stall we will ask the passing public and selected invited press and food bloggers to get involved in a blind taste test to judge and vote for their favourite cake.
Bath is hometown to the queen of baking, The Great British Bake Off’s Mary Berry – making it the perfect location to host to The Best Cake in Somerset. In addition to the event itself, there will be coverage online, including social media activity and video interviews on the day of the event – plus an interview with the winning creators of The Best Cake in Somerset.
What we need from you, is CAKE.
We invite Somerset bakeries to submit their business’ best cake – this could be anything from a humble Victoria sponge to a celebration cake or a signature bake. Remember that each bakery may only submit one bake – so make it count!
If you are a baking business in Somerset and would like to take part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 August 2015 with the following details:
• Name of the cake
• Any allergens within the cake
• Please specify if it will be delivered to the Archant office in Cheltenham or directly to the event on the day.
• Please note cake should be supplied in a suitable container
• Only one cake to be entered per business
• Cakes should either be in the form of a 10 inch cake or larger, or alternatively, 12 cupcakes
• Cake delivered to the Archant office must arrive the day before the event (1 September 2015)
• Cake brought by the entrant to the event location should arrive before 11am on the day (2 September 2015)