Bacon and Shallot Brioche Recipe
PUBLISHED: 13:11 10 October 2014 | UPDATED: 13:11 10 October 2014
These mini bacon and shallot brioche make an unusual accompaniment to your weekend fry up
For October Daniel has chosen to share the recipe for his Mini Bacon and Shallot Brioche. These make delicious pre-dinner bread or could even be used as an accompaniment with breakfast.
Bacon and Shallot Brioche
• 500g Plain Flour
• 13g Salt
• 100g Sugar
• 8 Beaten Eggs
• 500g Butter
• 70g Yeast
• 200ml Warm Milk
• 1 x Shallot (finely Diced)
• 3 x Rashers of Back Bacon in chopped into small diced pieces
Suggested Case/mould size: 5cm Diameter by 2.5cm Height.
• Soften the butter and Beat until smooth.
• Add the yeast to warmed milk.
• Mix in all of the dry ingredients followed by the eggs and finally add the milk mixture and combine together mixing for 5 minutes.
• Then add the butter, mix thoroughly being careful not to over mix or the mixture can split.
• Pour all of the mixture into piping bags and leave to prove in a warm environment for 30mins.
• Knock the dough back a couple of times and place back in the piping bag filling the casings around ¾ full.
• Sprinkle the top of each brioche with the finely diced shallots and cooked chopped bacon.
• Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and leave to cool before removing from the mould or case.
Try it out and let us know how you get on! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org