Bridgwater College photo competition results
PUBLISHED: 10:20 20 December 2010 | UPDATED: 18:18 20 February 2013
Competition winners see their photos in print
Students from Bridgwater Colleges Cannington Centre have been busy submitting photographs for consideration in a College competition.
Their main brief was that their submissions had to focus on an aspect of studying a land-based subject at the Cannington, Paignton or Yeovil Centres of Bridgwater College. Students from a variety of courses and levels submitted an impressive range of images from snow covered landscapes to donkeys and snakes in close up!
From over 90 photographs submitted, just six entries were selected as the lucky winners. These photographs now feature in a new calendar which was published in September 2010. Each photographer also received a prize of 50 to spend as they wish.
Winners were as follows:
- Rebecca Johnson, aged 20 years and from Lufton in Yeovil (studying the Foundation Degree in Animal Management)
- Ray Wardhaugh, an adult student from Cannington near Bridgwater (studying the Foundation Degree in Countryside Management)
- Natalie Harrow, aged 20 years and from Spaxton in Bridgwater (studying the BND in Animal Management)
- Richard Mullan, a former adult student from Cannington near Bridgwater (who was studying the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Horticulture)
- Sasha Anderson, aged 19 and from Norton Fitzwarren near Taunton (who was studying the BND in Animal Management) who won two prizes
Head of Land-based Studies Jeremy Kerswell said, "We were delighted by the response for our first photographic competition and it was great to finally see the winning students' efforts in print."
Pictured left to right are Rebecca Johnson, Jeremy Kerswell and Natalie Harrow