The Royal Bath and West Show: Fun Family Day Out
PUBLISHED: 13:19 23 May 2011 | UPDATED: 19:26 20 February 2013
Spring Half Term, 1st June - 4th June 2011<br/><br/>It's not long now until The Royal Bath & West Show, a fun day out for the whole family this June - mums, dads and little ones
Spring Half Term, 1st June 4th June 2011
Its not long now until The Royal Bath & West Show, a fun day out for the whole family this June mums, dads and little ones.
From the countrys finest livestock, a miniature railway and farming demonstrations for families, to the National Cheese Awards, vast food halls filled with the finest local produce and the glamour of Ladies Day, there really is something for everyone.
Advance tickets are now available to buy and offer a 15% saving on adult tickets. Children under 16 years go free when you buy a family ticket in advance and children under the age of 5 go completely free. To book go to www.bathandwest.com or call 01749 822222.
The Bath & West Show is proud to announce the following new attractions at this years show:
- Watch the amazing Sway Pole act, where a performer will be balancing on a pole 58 meters up in the air! They will perform tricks while the pole sways from side to side. It has to be seen to be believed!
- Watch the amazing Space Wheel act where the performers accelerate at speeds that defy Earth's gravity!
Other highlights include:
- A chance to see the countrys finest livestock including cattle, pigs, goats, sheep and alpacas. Visit one of the largest dog shows in the county. Children will also enjoy the Fur and Feather zone where they can see small animals and birds such as rabbits and cavies, tame birds and poultry.
- Farming for the Family. Children can watch milking demonstrations, see piglets, lambs and calves as well as experiencing the fun of feeding a chicken and collecting an egg to cook and eat in the Farmhouse Kitchen.
- International sensation, Titan the giant robot, will be at the show this year and children will have a chance to meet the globe-trotting robot.
- Ladies Day, on Friday 3rd June is back. Fashion-conscious visitors will stand a chance to be crowned Best Dressed in the Show and walk away with a mystery VIP prize. VIP Ladies Day ticketholders will also enjoy access to an exclusive VIP area, enjoy priority parking and afternoon tea.
- The countrys biggest cheese show. At the National Cheese Awards, cheese lovers will be able to sample a staggering array of some of the UKs finest cheeses and dairy produce.
- Food lovers can explore the vast food halls and enjoy a true celebration of cider at the biggest cider competition in the country. There is also a chance to take part in cider tasting with experts.
- The Imagineering Fair puts the fun and excitement into science. Children will be able to explore the creative possibilities of science, engineering and technology.
- 4x4 off road is perfect for adrenaline junkies. Revel in the chance to drive 4x4 off road vehicles in the most extreme off road experience at the Show to date.
- Horses - showing, show jumping and the fast paced Pony Club mounted games.
- Sheep shearing Be amazed at the speed of competitive shearing. There will also be spinning and weaving demonstrations.
- Countryside Arena Watch thrilling falconry displays, admire the discipline of gun dogs and cheer on your favourite in the terrier racing. Alongside the arena is the Canoe Village where you can experience canoes, kayaks and much, much more.
- Experience the working countryside. See Heavy Horses pulling logs in Woodlands and Wildlife; learn about the secret life of bees in the Bees & Honey Tent.
- See traditional events on the Village Green, including a Gang Show to celebrate 100 years of the Girl Guides, Young Farmers and the W.I. There will also bea working forge and an old time fairground.