Somerset Christmas Quiz Answers
PUBLISHED: 15:28 09 December 2010 | UPDATED: 18:15 20 February 2013
Read on to find out the answers to our Somerset Christmas Quiz....
Somerset Christmas Quiz Questions and Answers!
1: What does the name Somerset literally translate as?
Land of the Summer People
2: By which Latin name did the Romans establish the city of Bath?
3: In what year was the first Glastonbury Music Festival held?
4: Which famous English actor, comedian and writer was born in Weston-super-Mare in 1939?
5: Which Somerset village is twinned with Vernouillet in France?
6: Which Somerset village has long been associated with the nursery rhyme, Jack and Jill?
7: In which town does the River Chew meet the River Avon?
8: In which Somerset town is Blackthorn Cider produced?
9: How many houses are in Baths Royal Crescent?
10: Which family lived at Dunster Castle for 600 years from 1376?
11. Which bridge in Somerset is the oldest bridge in Britain?
12. What stone surrounds the famous Cheddar Gorge?
13. Which metal detectorist discovered the famous Frome Hoard?
14. Which famous caverns were used for the filming of the 1975 Doctor Who TV series?
Wookey Hole Caves
15. Which bishop was responsible for the early stages of building Wells Cathedral in c.1180?
16. Where in Somerset was Britains oldest complete human skeleton found?
Goughs Cave, Cheddar Gorge
17. Which river rises from the ground of the Wookey Hole Caves in the Mendip Hills?
18. Which manor house was the former home of the medieval herbalist Henry Lyte?
Lytes Cary Manor
19. Where were the bones of King Arthur and his wife Guenevere allegedly found?
20. Which Somerset market town is famous for its annual Cheese Show?
21. At which Elizabethan house was the 1995 film adaptation of Jane Austens Sense and Sensibility partly filmed?
22. On which street in Nether Stowey did Samuel Taylor Coleridge live between 1797 and 1800?
23. Which church near Porlock in the smallest church in Britain?
St. Calbones Church
24. Where in Somerset is EDF Energy hoping to build a new nuclear reactor site?
25. Who was the first miller of Stembridge Tower Mill, the last remaining thatched windmill in England?
26. The 14th century priests who lived at Stoke sub Hamdon Priory served which church?
Chapel of St. Nicholas